- Best’s Review, a monthly insurance news magazine published by A.M. Best Company, just released rankings of the top audit and actuarial firms in the US. Within the Top Audit and Actuarial Firms lists compiled by A.M. Best, Baker Tilly ranked 6th in the Top Health Audit Firms category and 10th in the Top Property and Casualty Audit Firms category.
- The Society of Financial Examiners (SOFE) awarded James Morris with the Founder’s Award on July 15, 2015.
- Accounting and advisory firm Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) has rearticulated the necessity of improving audit quality after a May 28th United States Department of Labor (DOL) report on its inspection of 2011 employee benefit plan audits.
- Corporate governance and cybersecurity threats were found to be the greatest focus areas in the insurance industry within the next two years in a poll during Baker Tilly's recent educational webinar, 2015 hot topics in NAIC risk-focused examinations.
- With nearly 58% of financial services organizations having between five and fifteen critical vendor relationships and increased focus on vendor controls by regulatory bodies, vendor management is becoming a challenge for banking, insurance and asset management companies.