“As a firm that’s consistently named as one of the top workplaces in the Twin Cities, we take a lot of pride not only in our commitment to client service, but also in our dedication to the community that surrounds us.”— Jeffrey R. DeYoung Office Managing Partner – Minneapolis, CPA, MST
What kind of recognition has the Minneapolis office received?
- More than 230 employees, including 28 partners
- Eighth largest accounting firm in the Twin Cities, as ranked by The Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal
- Minneapolis Star Tribune “Top Workplaces” - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal - One of 12 companies honored with a “Jefferson Award” for corporate philanthropy
- Recipient of the 2014 Community Impact Award in the Youth Initiatives category
How are employees and partners involved in the community?
- Stewardship is one of our three core cultural values. We take this value to heart and put our hands and donations to work for the community. For example, every year our construction and real estate team members spend a full day building a home for Habitat for Humanity. Additionally, several students from Cristo Rey—a high school devoted to educating students from low-income communities—work with our Minneapolis team during the school year. The students help with administrative tasks and gain a sense of accomplishment and a variety of new skills.
Tell me about some of the unique or specialized work done by the Minneapolis team.
- As a local professional sports stadium was being built, we worked closely with the team, government financial sponsors, and the general contractor to provide construction cost audit services.
- Not-for-profit and higher education institutions face many complex financial and operational challenges as they work to become more efficient and support their missions. We help these organizations not only with audit and tax services, but also with consulting services that help address the organization’s business challenges.
- Private equity and mezzanine firms, as well as several of their portfolio companies, count on us to provide them with audit, tax, and consulting services.
Tell me something unique about the office.
- The Capella Tower is certified a LEED Gold building, and we believe in doing our part. Many of the products we chose for our kitchen are eco-friendly, including countertops made with recycled glass and the floor from recycled tires. The glass panel in our reception area was even made from recycled windshield glass. We eliminated using Styrofoam cups and have recycling bins in each office space.