In 2013, the Minnesota Legislature passed a bill that increased the taxes paid by the state’s highest wage earners. What’s happened since then? This webinar will provide an overview of several independent studies showing the amount of wealth migration out of the state, the demographics of which taxpayers are severing residency, how Minnesota defines residency, and the results of several court cases where residency was challenged.
The webinar addresses such questions as:
- What are the rules that define Minnesota residency?
- Which of the 26 factors that determine residency carry the most weight?
- Do you expect the increased focus on residency audits to continue?
- What does this wealth migration mean for Minnesota charities?
- What can be expected in the 2016 Minnesota Legislative Session?
For more information on this topic, or to learn how Baker Tilly specialists can help, contact our team.