One of the nation’s top private research and teaching universities with over 12,000 employees.
The business challenge
The university’s decentralized recruiting model and burdensome administrative processes could not support the desired streamlined recruiting experience, both internally and externally. The lack of consistency and automation throughout the recruiting and onboarding process was creating bottlenecks for candidates, recruiters and university recruiting resources.
- Poor, outdated, uninspiring candidate experience: The online application process was lengthy, often uncommunicative and required legal compliance updates. The university lacked timely, succinct and consistent communication with candidates. High quality candidates were disengaging midstream from the process.
- Cumbersome internal user experience: The decentralized recruiting model and lengthy candidate selection workflow created a demanding administrative process for internal users, resulting in limited system usage and poor adoption of the tool overall.
- Deficient reporting capabilities: Inadequate analytics diminished the ability for internal users to track and report key metrics such as source of hire, quality of hire and time to hire.
The Baker Tilly approach
The university turned to Baker Tilly to optimize its Oracle Talent Acquisition Cloud. Key activities and milestones included:
- Alignment on the highest impact scope items and prioritization for a two-phased roll out approach
- An analysis of current system functionality and processes to identify optimization opportunities
- Identifying and prioritizing the recruiting process pain points and their impact on the university’s ability to meet talent, business and compliance objectives
- Iterative, targeted design and build sessions to develop solutions that aligned with the university’s current and future needs
- Coordinating communication and training efforts to ensure end user adoption and minimize interruptions to business activity during the project
The business impact
- Improved candidate experience: The updated career site and automated correspondence has improved the submission process. Enhanced communication tools keep both internal and external talent candidates informed of their status. Updates to the candidate selection workflow allow candidates to quickly and seamlessly find and apply for desired positions.
- Improved internal user experience: With non-essential fields and quick filters removed, the amount of time spent on administrative tasks such as creating requisitions and searching for candidates has been reduced. University resources can spend more time in the system reviewing, tracking and communicating with candidates. The enhanced functionality has provided a more centralized view of the applicant pool, improved overall usability and increased system adoption.
- Improved reporting capabilities: The University now has adequate and consistent visibility to key recruiting metrics, allowing them to utilize report data to reliably drive strategic decisions.
For more information on this topic, or to learn how Baker Tilly specialists can help, contact our team.