- Planning for succession is necessary when transitioning into the next generation with changing workforce demographics. This article explains how to establish such a succession plan program.
- Power purchase agreements can reflect your utility’s de facto ownership of the power supplier’s assets for the term. Use the evaluation criteria in this article to determine whether or not you have taken control of the supplier’s asset.
- Benchmarking and key performance indicators (KPIs) help to determine the performance levels in many industries. They can also be used to find areas of improvement.
- Fixed asset management practices vary across the spectrum, from basic tracking of fixed asset items to the adoption of an asset life cycle methodology. Best practices are detailed in the ISO 55000 guide, Asset Management, which details standards gaining acceptance in the public and private sectors.
- If your utility is like the vast majority of water and wastewater utilities nationwide, your customers are buying less water from you than they have in the past. The magnitude and duration of the reduction varies, but the fact is that customers are continually developing ways to conserve one of life’s most precious commodities and it’s a safe bet that the trend will continue.