- For anyone looking to buy or sell a business, unclaimed property has become de rigueur for M&A due diligence and auditors alike.
- Continuously looking for new sources of revenue, states have begun to increase their enforcement of unclaimed property laws.
- While B2B exemptions can reduce a holder’s unclaimed property liability many are unaware of that states will accept any property remitted to them and will not ensure that a B2B exemption is properly applied.
- On Jan. 29, 2015, Delaware enacted SB 11 that will act to improve fundamental fairness and transparency of the state’s unclaimed property program.
- A round-up of some of the more meaningful developments in unclaimed property in 2014.
- Previous Next