- The Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2016 (H.R. 2029) includes the first significant changes to Internal Revenue Code section 831(b). Two significant amendments affect some small insurance companies, including captives.
- Overall, the 2015 Working Group memo indicated that the depth and breadth of the content of the ORSA reports varied significantly from company to company, and that the ORSA reports of life insurers generally demonstrated more mature ERM and capital management frameworks than those of property-casualty and health insurers.
- The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) recently held its Summer 2015 National Meeting. There are several relevant items and future changes for insurance organizations to be aware of and to watch for from the Statutory Accounting Principles Working Group, Blanks Working Group, Investment Classification Project, and Investment Risk Based Capital Working Group.
- Tips for insurers on topics ranging from cybersecurity to governance to short-duration contracts.
- Recent activity by regulators shows an increased focus on cybersecurity in the insurance industry. The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) has published its Principles for Effective Cybersecurity Insurance Regulatory Guidance. In addition, the New York Department of Financial Services (NY DFS) recently released guidance for New York insurance organizations with their Report on Cybersecurity in the Insurance Sector.
- Previous Next