- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released several proposed Medicare payment rules and policy updates earlier this month that impact hospitals and post-acute care providers.
- The House Energy and Commerce Committee and the House Ways and Means Committee approved nearly 40 bills combined that could address the nation’s opioid crisis in a myriad of ways.
- The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) proposed a rule in February to return the duration of short-term insurance plans’ validity to a pre-Obama era.
- Publications predict a negative outlook for not-for-profit hospitals in 2018. There are immediate actions that hospitals can employ to move forward in this time of uncertainty.
- The $1.3 trillion omnibus spending bill included numerous funding increases for health programs, including addressing the opioid crisis, but failed to include measures to stabilize the ACA markets.