- In December, CMS introduced an interim final rule for dialysis facilities, requiring them to educate patients on coverage options in an effort to prevent firms from directing patients straight into the private marketplace. The 21st Century Cures Act, which seeks to help combat the opioid crisis, was also signed into law.
- The AMA is urging Congress to hold off on repealing the Affordable Care Act until lawmakers have a replacement plan, arguing that the public should be able to compare any replacement model to Obamacare’s current provisions.
- On Dec. 7, a bipartisan 21st Century Cures Act easily passed the Senate and is now headed to President Obama’s desk for signature. The president has indicated he will sign the bill into law. The legislation includes FDA and CMS reform and additional NIH funding.
- With a repeal of the Affordable Care Act looming, providers are warning of the negative effects of the proposed replacements, including a capped Medicare system.
- CMS finalized decisions regarding the site-neutral payment issue and the rule reflects an estimated 1.7 payment rate increase for outpatient hospitals and a 1.9 percent rate increase in payments for ambulatory surgical centers for 2017.
- Previous Next