- Proposed federal legislation, as well as a recent presidential executive order, could alter the level of cooperation between government and financial institutions when it comes to fighting cyber-security threats.
- The Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) released the Internal Control-Integrated Framework on May 14, 2013.
- Certain expenses incurred by a bank to maintain other real estate owned (OREO) no longer need to be capitalized for tax purposes.
- While most other industries debate healthcare reform, the banking industry continues to deal with the uncertainties surrounding the implementation of Dodd-Frank and Basel III. However, it will also, we predict, spend 2013 immersed in a very different discussion: mergers and acquisitions.
- Mortgage rules released by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) will change many of the mortgage lending rules as of January 1, 2014, and affect both banks and other mortgage lenders.
- Previous Next