Baker Tilly hosted a webinar, "Save green by going green," on credits and incentives available for companies that invest in environmentally conscious programs.
Since the expense of implementing some energy-efficient initiatives may discourage businesses, federal and state governments have created programs to offset those costs.
Listen to our tax specialists discuss the benefits – financial and otherwise – of going "green," as well as the Energy Efficient Commercial Building Tax Deduction (IRC section 179D), which applies to new and existing buildings, and the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act’s 1603 Grant. Below are recordings of key sections of the webinar.
- Overview of green initiatives
- 179D: Benefits of energy-efficient construction
- 179D: Background and qualifications of the deduction
- 179D: Who can claim the deduction
- 1603 Grants: Recent projects and awards
- 1603 Grants: Application process
- 1603 Grants: Requirement of physical work of a significant nature
- 5% Safe Harbor Observations