In a recent National Contract Management Association (NCMA) webinar, Baker Tilly senior managers, Mike Cullen and Michael Wright teamed up with Patrick Lang, Supply Chain Cybersecurity Practice Lead at Lockheed Martin, to discuss the new cybersecurity safeguarding requirements and government contractor compliance.
Recent hacks and breaches are driving regulators to hold contractors more accountable for protecting the federal cyber environment, establishing more structured, meaningful and effective cybersecurity compliance requirements for contractors. This webinar examined the five key objectives contractors need to know in accordance to new guidance.
Key learning objectives:
- Overview of the federal information contractors are required to protect
- Recent legislation and guidance around cybersecurity safeguarding requirements for contractors
- Who is impacted by the new legislation and guidance on cybersecurity safeguarding requirements
- How applicable contractors could be impacted by noncompliance with new cybersecurity safeguarding requirements
- The best practices for contractors to become compliant with new cybersecurity safeguarding requirements
Download the presentation: Protecting Federal Information: Five Things Contractors Need to Know
For more information on this topic, or to learn how Baker Tilly professional specialists can help, contact our team.