One of the largest global printing and mail order manufacturing companies with over 30,000 full-time and part-time employees and contractors.
The business challenge
The company had a need to better track its compliance, job role and safety training efforts across the organization. Training was performed on a variety of systems and they had limited visibility of the training that had been completed. Specific areas of concern included:
- Decentralized Training Repository: A central repository was needed to gain organization-wide visibility of employee’s qualifications and capabilities to leverage as a differentiator during the bidding process.
- Manual Processes: Tracking and deployment of training required significant manual processes. This created resistance by individual departments to execute and manage training.
- Misaligned Training: Training was not consistent for people who were in the same job role. It varied for every employee situation.
- Aging Workforce: The company had a significant number of tenured employees. Attracting new talent to fill those potential open positions was a challenge and was resulting in a compressed amount of time for knowledge transfer from those tenured employees.
The Baker Tilly approach
Baker Tilly leveraged their learning management expertise and experience in the manufacturing sector to configure Oracle’s Learn Cloud (formerly Taleo Learn) platform to support the goal to promote a culture of continuous development. The following tailored approach was emphasized during execution:
- Rigorous Project Management: A project roadmap was built to link learning with additional Talent Management initiatives on the horizon.
- Process Analysis: A thorough analysis of current-state processes and industry best practices was conducted which provided the foundational structure to support a cultural transformation. It was used as input to future-state processes and procedures and how to structure training activities.
- System Design and Implementation: Guided the client through the design and implementation of Oracle’s Cloud Learn platform to create system capabilities that enabled future state processes.
- Change Management: Assisted the client in navigating a major transformational initiative, drove adoption and reduced the overall time to value through management of stakeholders, communications, and training.
The business impact
Centralized Training Repository and Reduced Manual Processes: Course content and training data stored in one system, reducing the need for manual intervention and enabling visibility of training across the organization
- Accelerated Training Program: Enabled the client to deliver their Accelerated Career Training program and visibility to it at all levels of the organization
- Onboarding Training: The system is set up to deploy the appropriate onboarding and orientation training for new hires based on where they are located
- On-Demand Training: Employees take training courses from virtually any location that has a computer and internet access
For more information on this topic, or to learn how Baker Tilly specialists can help, contact our team.