More and more jurisdictions, with the objective of increasing their tax base and raising revenues through the assessment of penalties, are aggressively investigating and prosecuting offshore tax evasion. In this growing anti-avoidance environment, it becomes more important to be aware of potential exposure with regard to a company’s and individual’s global tax liability.
During a recent webinar, our international tax professionals discussed the latest international tax legislation and reporting, as well as what to do to meet the burden of compliance and avoid costly penalties.
The webinar covered:
- Recent transfer pricing developments
- Country-specific corporate tax activities
- Passive foreign investment companies (PFICs) and controlled foreign corporation (CFCs)
- Final regulations under the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)
- Streamlined filing compliance for nonresident non filer US taxpayers