An integrated healthcare system with 13 hospitals and many more affiliated health centers and physician groups across Illinois and Wisconsin. It employs over 14,000 individuals and served three million patients in 2015.
The business challenge
The healthcare system had set a strategy that focused on its physician partners coordinating more closely with its hospitals and clinics to provide patients with holistic care to meet their individual needs. To successfully execute their strategy, the healthcare network knew it would need to evaluate its current processes and systems to understand its capabilities and effectiveness – including those that focused on a critical lever to its strategy – talent.
In a review of their current talent acquisition systems, the healthcare network recognized that they were suffering from duplicative and redundant recruiting technology, and often times outdated and manual processes. Sites across the organization were operating on separate systems, driving disjointed recruiting and onboarding of new talent. Members of the recruiting team were consumed with management of Excel spreadsheets and manual data entry while they were attempting to keep candidates engaged and moving through the funnel. The disparate and manual nature of the systems created significant challenges with both data integrity and management reporting. Combined, these challenges drove the leaders of the healthcare system to pursue the opportunity to modernize their recruiting and onboarding efforts through the implementation of Oracle’s HCM Cloud Talent Acquisition products.
The Baker Tilly approach
Baker Tilly used their Oracle expertise and leading cloud implementation methodology to enable Oracle’s HCM Cloud Talent Acquisition products across all of the healthcare system’s sites in 20 weeks. To overcome the challenges they were facing, Baker Tilly:
- Brought forth best practice design recommendations to align technical capabilities with meet the business needs of the healthcare system
- Simplified and automated integrations, eliminating the need to manually track and key data
- Built and automated onboarding processes to meet the unique needs of multiple employee populations
- Provided ongoing knowledge transfer to the healthcare network’s team and comprehensive support and issue resolution post go-live
- Leveraged project management capabilities and change management coaching to keep the project on track and help the healthcare system drive adoption and sustainment amongst key stakeholders.
- Fully aligned recruiting and onboarding processes: After the successful rollout to all sites, the healthcare network has aligned its recruiting and onboarding processes across the organization. The processes are well understood and utilized consistently across location sites.
- Improved user experience: Streamlined candidate selection workflows for executives, physicians and employees which led to one consistent process, improving adoption and the end user experience.
- Improved candidate data integrity: Automation of integrations from source systems eliminated the need for recruiters to manually track candidate information in Excel spreadsheets and manually enter candidate information into PeopleSoft. As opportunities for manual error were eliminated, data quality improved.
For more information on this topic, or to learn how Baker Tilly talent management specialists can help, contact our team.