An integrated public health system that offers the full continuum of healthcare. Based in Connecticut and employs over 18,000 people.
The business challenge
Having outgrown its outdated recruiting and onboarding system, the company was looking to modernize their systems to advance their talent acquisition and onboarding initiatives. Specific areas of concern were:
- Candidate experience: With number of clicks to fill out an application being excessive, the company experienced huge drop off rates, low numbers of qualified candidates and low quality of hire of those who completed the process.
- End user experience: The legacy system had limited functionality which resulted in recruiters and hiring managers spending too much time on non- value add work.
- Fragmented processes, roles, and responsibilities: The company’s HR departments operated in silos resulting in fragmented processes, roles, and responsibilities amongst similar resources in their talent management organization. This created delays for recruiters and hiring managers and inconsistent communication with candidates.
- Reporting issues: Limited reporting capability to leverage and run the business. Reports that were available were not run in real-time, therefore not providing accurate data.
The Baker Tilly approach
Baker Tilly implemented the Oracle HCM Cloud for Talent Acquisition solution to improve the candidate experience, reduce drop off rates, break down silos, and streamline the recruiting and onboarding processes. Key activities and milestones included:
- Analysis of legacy processes, identifying pain points with a full gap analysis.
- Process recommendations to improve the end user experience.
- Simplification of workflows to streamline the processes of hiring and onboarding.
- Development of a common model, common roles and responsibilities for their talent management organization.
- Iterative design and build process with multiple rounds of configuration testing to ensure business scenarios and workflows would support HR resources and new hires.
- Development of real-time reporting capabilities.
- Program management of the entire change management program, and documentation so core project team could efficiently manage the system going forward.
The implementation of Oracle HCM Cloud for Talent Acquisition modules has enabled the following key business results:
- Improved candidate experience: The new streamlined application process has reduced the number of clicks by 25% and the drop off rate has improved by over 50%!
- Improved end user experience: Recruiters can more easily identify top candidates using the ACE functionality from a larger pool of qualified candidates.
- Standard processes, roles, and responsibilities: Reduction in the amount of manual work done by end users as a result of the implementation of a common model, based on healthcare industry best practices, which included standardization of the recruiting, hiring and onboarding process, as well as standardization of roles and responsibilities of end users.
- Reporting and analytic capabilities: Visibility to key recruiting and onboarding metrics across the entire health system. The company has one common standard for measuring Time to Fill and Quality of Hire. Talent dashboards provide a snapshot of recruiting and onboarding processes in real-time. With shared data and a reporting platform, they have reduced response time to audit and reporting requests (e.g., OFCCP applicant audit and Affirmative Action Plans applicant data).
For more information on this topic, or to learn how Baker Tilly talent management specialists can help, contact our team.