In a recent Coalition for Government Procurement (CGP) webinar, Baker Tilly’s advisors discussed the current disconnect between the GSA Schedule program and services contracting under the schedules, with a specific focus on the cost-build approach to pricing. Baker Tilly presented this session to provide insight into the unique nature of professional services sales and how these do not typically align with the disclosure requirements, pricing terms, and compliance obligations under the existing GSA contracting model. This included an in-depth discussion of:
- The cost-build approach to developing labor rates;
- Common challenges faced by GSA services contractors; and
- Best practices for GSA services contractors to mitigate compliance risk.
- Learn more about the issues stemming from the current disconnect between the GSA contracting model and services contracting.
- Understand labor category mapping and pricing strategies and how to effectively mitigate post-award compliance risk.
- Describe the cost-build approach to pricing and the many challenges faced by services contractors under this approach.
Download the presentation: GSA Schedule services contracting and the cost-build approach to pricing >
For more information on this topic, or to learn how Baker Tilly specialists can help, contact our team.