A top tier global design and delivery firm that provides professional services in planning, engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental science, project management and project economics for infrastructure and facilities projects. It has over 22,000 employees, more than 400 locations in North America and seven locations internationally.
The business challenge
The company had grown rapidly in the last decade through mergers and acquisitions, and had just acquired an 11,000 person organization that spanned numerous geographies. Their M&A strategy had created disparate HR processes globally, the consequences of which were the lack of talent visibility across the organization and the inability to capture and utilize accurate data for strategic HR decision making. This acquisition was an opportunity for the HR and IT organizations to align on a strategy to bring HR systems and processes together, eliminate process inefficiencies and increase access to global talent data.
The Baker Tilly approach
The company made the decision to move to HCM Cloud for Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Learning, and Compensation. Baker Tilly utilized its Harmonize methodology prior to the start of the implementation to accomplish this alignment.
- Established a Global Common Model to encompass talent processes in all business units and geographies
- Gained buy in from leadership and defined ownership of talent acquisition and talent management processes
- Led a design and build phase in which talent acquisition, talent management and learning processes were finalized and configured within HCM cloud
- Established metrics and guiding principles to define project success for the implementation
- Developed and executed a strategy for onboarding newly acquired businesses and geographies into the HR organization
- Change management and governance planning for implementation and post go-life activities
- Developed a three year roadmap for HR transformation initiatives
The business impact
The alignment between the core project team and HR and business leadership early on and work accomplished during the Harmonize phase has set the client up to begin its HCM Cloud implementation and transform its talent strategy.
- Desired common global practice and project team mobilization was established, and a basic process design was finalized
- Project roles and responsibilities established and project success defined
- Socialization of the system and processes globally through a structured, key stakeholder, leadership-down communication approach
- A Global Common Model that all current HR and future acquisitions will adhere to
- The three year HR roadmap for the HCM cloud implementation will guide the client through its HR transformation
For more information on this topic, or to learn how Baker Tilly specialists can help, contact our team.