- While some processors are closing plants to eliminate redundancies, others are expanding to be in closer proximity to customers. Baker Tilly discusses what’s behind industry consolidation.
- As a result of additional regulatory requirements, merger and acquisition discussions and activity are increasing in the banking industry. Associated transaction costs incurred related to a merger or acquisition transaction can be significant. These costs can include fees for financial advice, legal services, due diligence services, and expenses to arrange debt financing and can greatly impact a company’s financial statement.
- Jim Alajbegu, Baker Tilly International Tax Firm Leader, discusses tax inversions with Chitra Nawbatt, anchor and correspondent for CTV News.
- Recently, project sponsors have combined New Markets Tax Credits with EB-5 financing in order to strengthen the overall financing structure of the projects. While significant benefits can be achieved, several structuring challenges need to be overcome.
- Goodwill in a professional partnership poses unique challenges for valuators and courts, especially in a divorce setting. In a recent Texas case dense with valuation issues, it came down to corporate goodwill. “Logic tells me there is some,” the trial court said, “but it’s probably impossible to quantify.” The finding triggered an appeal.
- Previous Next