- The DFI issued a letter highlighting changes that affect the registration process and filing requirements of charitable organizations operating in Wisconsin.
- Working with Baker Tilly, the company secures another allocation of New Markets Tax Credits and a new corresponding debt facility to fund additional growth needs while creating new jobs and reducing waste.
- The issue of whether valuators should “tax-affect” an S corporation’s earnings — that is, reduce earnings by an assumed corporate tax rate — continues to be controversial. The U.S. Tax Court rejected the practice in 1999, claiming that tax-affecting was inappropriate in valuing an S corporation. But in recent years several courts have embraced the concept, choosing a middle ground that better reflects an S corporation’s value. This article looks at a couple of recent cases, while a sidebar indicates that the Tax Court might revisit tax-affecting if the right case comes along.
- A recent court case serves as a good reminder of how the passive activity loss (PAL) rules apply to real estate professionals.
- Look at every opportunity to finance projects by evaluating their eligibility for tax credit financing through the New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) and Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) Programs, which are designed to support investment in communities and meet the housing needs of residents.
- Previous Next