- The rules for owning and managing a REIT can be complicated, but they are not onerous. Many property owners and real estate investors find the advantages of a REIT far outweigh the regulatory requirements.
- The understanding of business-to-business (B2B) exemptions is the key to the benefits for the holders of unclaimed property.
- How to scrutinize the IRS's position and arguments when guidance is not supported by the Internal Revenue Code, Treasury regulations, or another legal basis?
- A broader scope of work may qualify for purposes of the 100-hour significant participation activity test.
- For international investors, the classification of an LLC under US tax law can pose significant issues in relation to home-country tax laws.
- Previous Next