- Following the King v. Burwell decision, where the Supreme Court ruled taxpayers who purchase health insurance on a federal healthcare marketplace exchange (federal exchange) are entitled to subsidized premium credits, we want to remind you of a few key Affordable Care Act (ACA) items. These reminders are even more important as Congress recently raised the penalty amounts for failure to properly report the required information.
- The Canadian and the US governments have long persuaded businesses to set up local operations by offering tax credits and other incentives.
- In need of guidance and assistance to work through how government incentives could be utilized, a software development company utilized Baker Tilly’s expertise to help negotiate incentives and eventually, grow their business.
- A study of family owned businesses conducted by Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP and Baker Tilly International indicates that the majority of US family business owners are not succession-ready.
- With the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) now in full swing, both US and foreign taxpayers are being asked about their FATCA status. Foreign financial institutions (FFIs) generally have to comply with the withholding, reporting, and due diligence requirements of FATCA if they receive US source income.
- Previous Next