- An estate plan is only a first step; compliance with that plan may help it to survive a challenge on audit. Baker Tilly notes some of the perils and pitfalls of common estate planning techniques.
- In Baker Tilly’s 2017 year-end tax letter, our professionals offer insights into what recent tax reform legislation means to individuals and businesses.
- Startups and small businesses may be able to reduce their income tax liability with a research credit when they increase qualified research expenses.
- The House issued the first draft of its tax reform bill, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, with major changes including cutting down the number of tax brackets, eliminating most itemized deductions and phasing out the estate tax.
- In the highly competitive world of hedge and private equity funds, how best to compensate premier talent can be both a daunting and complex balancing act.
- Previous Next