- For anyone looking to buy or sell a business, unclaimed property has become de rigueur for M&A due diligence and auditors alike.
- Listen to members of our international tax team discuss the latest on BEPS and transfer pricing.
- Learn the benefits and appropriate methods of hiring your children to reduce your overall family tax bill.
- Fargo v. Commissioner illustrates the principal lesson that all facts and evidence presented are considered in the evaluation of whether or not a taxpayer holds real estate in the ordinary course of business.
- When a taxpayer sells an asset, generally, a gain is recognized to the extent the proceeds from the sale exceed the taxpayer’s basis in the asset. While in some circumstances this is an easy rule to implement, determining the proper basis of the asset sold is often difficult. The ruling in David C. Costello, et ux. v. Commissioner clarified the process.
- Previous Next