- Have you ever found where another department in your government has opened its own bank account?
- The Society of Actuaries recently released new mortality tables for use by plan sponsors when measuring benefit plan costs and obligations. The new tables, RP-2014 (mortality tables) and MP-2014 (longevity improvement scale), will most likely result in higher defined benefit obligations in benefit plans.
- As a whole, local governments have been hit hard by the Great Recession. One of the main strategies that governments have employed to address the financial crisis has been spending cuts.
- Contractors purchasing materials for use in a Minnesota construction project with an exempt entity must have detailed supporting documentation to ensure these purchases are exempt from state sales and use taxes. Without such documentation, the contractor or subcontractor that supplied the materials may be subject to back taxes, penalties, and interest due to the state.
- From The Tax Advisor: Captive insurance is insurance or reinsurance provided by a company that is formed primarily to cover the assets and risks of its parent company or companies.
- Previous Next