- From The Tax Advisor: Captive insurance is insurance or reinsurance provided by a company that is formed primarily to cover the assets and risks of its parent company or companies.
- As state governments continue to deal with budget shortfalls, revenue agencies continue stepping up their efforts in raising revenue through sales tax audits. States have increased the size of their audit staff and are employing new technologies in their discovery efforts. Auto dealerships are not immune to selection and should know what to expect and how to prepare for an audit.
- The city of Rockford needed to reduce a budget deficit without significantly impacting core municipal service levels. Developing comprehensive operational assessments allows staff the flexibility to try new things and forward suggestions to management for implementation.
- Learn how a well-written financial policy can offer a multitude of ongoing benefits for your organization.
- On July 23, 2014 the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) adopted a Final Rule that amends Rule 2a-7 of the Investment Company Act of 1940, which governs money market funds. These long anticipated amendments are designed to provide both structural and operational reform addressing an investor run on funds during a financial crisis, as was seen in 2008. The Final Rule becomes effective sixty days after publication in the Federal Register and provides for a two-year implementation period.
- Previous Next