- Baker Tilly's financial services industry specialists review internal controls best practices in the Internal Controls 2014 webinar.
- A SOC 2 report is an independent examination of a service organization’s controls over its system’s security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality, and privacy.
- The federal government expects banks to get a lot more serious about cybersecurity. For the first time in history, the US Treasury Secretary has criticized the nation’s safeguards to protect against cybersecurity attacks on our financial infrastructure. In response, the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) took three initial steps to increase awareness in the US banking system.
- In February 2014, the NIST Cybersecurity Framework was introduced as a response to Executive Order 16363, ordered by President Obama in 2013. The Executive Order was a White House initiative to improve cybersecurity of critical infrastructure by developing a framework which incorporates a consensus of industry standards and best practices.
- On April 2, 2014 the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) released a statement related to Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks on public facing websites. The statement highlights that DDoS attacks have increased since late 2012 and, in many cases, have been executed by politically motivated groups.
- Previous Next