- On April 2, 2014 the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) released a statement related to Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks on public facing websites. The statement highlights that DDoS attacks have increased since late 2012 and, in many cases, have been executed by politically motivated groups.
- On April 2, 2014 the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) released a statement related to cyber-attacks on financial institutions’ ATM and Card Authorization Systems. The FFIEC statement notes that there has been an increase in cyber-attacks launched to gain access to and modify the settings on ATMs.
- At the recent National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) Spring 2014 national meeting, two new documents were approved for release as exposure drafts: the Draft Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA) Guidance for Financial Analysts and the Draft ORSA Guidance for Financial Examiners. While the documents are intended to be guidance for insurance department financial analysts and examiners, the guidance provides a window into expectations for the future.
- While mobile devices improve productivity and efficiency with increased mobility and functionality, they also, increase your risks, especially as worldwide laws and regulations regarding the privacy and security of data evolve.
- Identifying and mitigating construction project risk is not limited to the quantitative analysis of project cost data.
- Previous Next