- COSO’s Internal Control-Integrated Framework makes it easier to design and evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls. The framework is also used by public companies to assess effectiveness of internal control over external financial reporting (ICEFR) under Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) section 404.
- During and following the 2013 ORSA, insurance accounting, and financial reporting updates webinar, the Baker Tilly insurance team fielded several questions around ORSA – Own Risk Solvency Assessment. Here are some of the most common questions and answers.
- The paper will examine domestic and global insurer solvency requirements with a primary focus on the United States’ National Association of Insurance Commissioners’ (NAIC) Risk Management and Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (RMORSA) Model Act. In addition, this paper will provide industry guidance to small through midsized insurance companies that have recently breached or are close to reaching the $500 million of annual direct written and unaffiliated assumed premium.
- Why does fraud continue to occur in public sector entities, and who is responsible for preventing and detecting it?
- Today’s construction projects, very often with restrictive budgets and aggressive schedules are, by design, undertaken by collaborating professional organizations with competing priorities and objectives.
- Previous Next