- The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) 2014 Summer National Meeting was held in Louisville, KY. A number of issues and statutory accounting changes were addressed over the course of the meeting. Highlights from some of the working group meetings are summarized below.
- Baker Tilly addressed IT challenges to increase efficiency across mission critical operations.
- Tom Harper, Executive Vice President and General Auditor of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, shares the key reasons his organization enjoys working with Baker Tilly.
- The federal government expects banks to get a lot more serious about cybersecurity. For the first time in history, the US Treasury Secretary has criticized the nation’s safeguards to protect against cybersecurity attacks on our financial infrastructure. In response, the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) took three initial steps to increase awareness in the US banking system.
- With the proliferation of nonprofit organizations comes the need for more individuals willing to step into the important role of a board director. A board director serves to shepherd the organization to long-term sustainability. The board director role carries risk if individuals are not aware of their obligations related to the issues and concerns that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has attempted to address in the newly designed information reporting form, the Form 990.
- Previous Next