- HHS requires all healthcare entities, from small provider groups to large health systems to continuously assess risks and vulnerabilities to their data and develop a plan for reducing the risk of a data breach.
- Learn more about who audits internal audit and how a Quality Assessment Review (QAR) can be a great way for the internal audit department to reflect on current activities and to enhance them.
- Learn more from cyber specialists and view the cybersecurity challenges for not-for-profits webinar.
- Earlier this month, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of Inspector General (OIG) issued a rare fraud alert on physician compensation.
- Since the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) issued its Internal Control — Integrated Framework (2013 Framework) in May 2013, many organizations have implemented the new framework to comply with the initial December 15, 2014 transition deadline. The 2013 Framework requires management to assess whether 17 principles are present and functioning, which is a change from the previous framework. Further, the 2013 Framework includes points of focus, which are important characteristics of the 17 principles and assist management with determining whether controls are properly present and functioning.
- Previous Next