- Baker Tilly's insurance industry specialists discuss if captive insurance companies could be a solution for your organization.
- The National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (NAREIT) held their annual REITWise conference in Phoenix, Ariz. The latest accounting, tax, and economic issues impacting real estate investment trusts (REITs) were addressed over the course of the conference. Highlights from some of the committee meetings and sessions are summarized.
- Cost shifting is the unauthorized transfer of costs from non-reimbursable cost centers to reimbursable cost centers. Reallocated costs are the authorized repurposing of budget dollars resulting from advantageous purchasing practices or efficient delivery of construction services.
- With Baker Tilly’s assistance, Central Park Towers was able to assemble layered financing from many public and private sources for a complex construction and rehabilitation project. It is one of the largest and most complex RAD transactions closed to date, and ensures quality affordable housing for Elgin’s senior residents for years to come.
- On April 1, 2015, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) voted to propose a one-year deferral of the effective date of the new revenue recognition standard, Accounting Standards Update (ASU) No. 2014-09, Revenue from Contracts with Customers (Topic 606), for both public and private entities.
- Previous Next