- The new tax law will impact how REITs will make future business decisions. This article outlines some of the primary considerations REITs should keep in mind as they navigate the new rules.
- In a recent Chicago Tribune article, Baker Tilly's John Hoffman discusses how the newly passed tax reform will affect the historic preservation tax credit and the real estate market as a whole.
- The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act will have implications for the preservation and rehabilitation of our existing buildings across the country.
- Steve Lawson, tax partner in Baker Tilly's real estate practice, provides five ways commercial real estate professionals may organize their taxes before the new year.
- Baker Tilly partners Monica Dalwadi and David Jamiolkowski talk with Bisnow about an internal controls method all real estate investment trusts (REITs) should incorporate to stay ahead of potential fraud risks.