- The US Department of Labor (DOL) issued a report on its inspection of 2011 employee benefit plan audits, Assessing the Quality of Employee Benefit Plan Audits. The report is quite troubling as the DOL found a deficiency rate that is too high for such an important element of the system to protect participants in employee benefit plans.
- Independent Baker Tilly International member firms, Baker Tilly in the US and Collins Barrow in Canada, provide individuals and business insight into tax considerations when doing business across the border
- Baker Tilly's insurance industry specialists discuss if captive insurance companies could be a solution for your organization.
- On April 1, 2015, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) voted to propose a one-year deferral of the effective date of the new revenue recognition standard, Accounting Standards Update (ASU) No. 2014-09, Revenue from Contracts with Customers (Topic 606), for both public and private entities.
- Remaining competitive in an ever changing global environment while maintaining or increasing the firm’s professional reputation and prestige is what drives architects and engineers to continuously develop new and improved designs, concepts and processes.
- Previous Next