- The due date for filing Form 1099-MISC for 2016 with the IRS is changing and, if you don't comply, you could be in for some fairly substantial penalties.
- Baker Tilly discusses individual tax services for attorneys, highlighting best practices and practical tips that are unique to the legal community to ensure you are identifying your immediate opportunities, addressing tax, financial, or estate concerns and, importantly, charting a course for action.
- Baker Tilly communicates the current risks an intellectual property law firm faces in their IT control environment, the recommended controls to mitigate those risks, the remaining risks after assessing the control environment and the consequence and likelihood of adverse events.
- Is your law firm organized as a personal service corporations (PSCs)? PSCs face a unique challenge when it comes to compensating their shareholder-employees. As total income for the year is not easily predicted, PSCs tend to pay out more modest salaries to shareholder-employees throughout the year.
- Baker Till talks with Bisnow about the complex tax implications facing the legal industry as they tackle unique build-outs, renovations, and the other space updates that impress, but don’t break the bank.
- Previous Next