- Included in this e-Book is valuable insight from the SEC Office of the Chief Accountant, as well as a comprehensive guide produced by Baker Tilly on how to effectively scrutinize internal controls over financial reporting beyond what most organizations are currently doing.
- While the recently passed Multistate Tax Compact amendment made changes to the definition of apportionable income and receipts (sales) and removed the recommendation for use of three-factor apportionment, a noteworthy change for professional service firms is the modification to the regulations adopting “market-based sourcing” of receipts.
- Law firms are occupying less space, and the rise of telecommuters compounds a number of other factors causing firms’ square footages to shrink. Baker Tilly partner, Bill Apple, shares his insights on how law firms are adapting to a rise in telecommuting attorneys, including implementing new processes to safeguard sensitive information and creatively tailoring layouts and lease agreements to meet new demands.
- Does your firm have an annual compliance checklist of required filings and payments? Baker Tilly shares insights to stay organized and ensure the various federal, state and local business deadlines are met.
- President Trump released his blueprint for an overhaul to the tax system. The plan calls for major changes to the corporate tax rate and individual tax brackets.
- Previous Next