- The New York Office of Unclaimed Funds (NYOUF) released a new policy for business-to-business transactions that has a bearing on unclaimed property holders within the state.
- Coming off a sluggish start in the first quarter of 2014, US middle-market M&A activity rebounded strongly in the second quarter with significant increases in both deal count and dollar volume.
- Baker Tilly state and local tax specialists discuss the risks and challenges businesses are facing in today’s tax environment.
- M&A activity in the food and beverage sector experienced a robust second quarter primarily driven by corporate actions. Sellers are looking to divest of non-core activities and buyers are looking to add additional brands, product lines, or expertise.
- As a result of additional regulatory requirements, merger and acquisition discussions and activity are increasing in the banking industry. Associated transaction costs incurred related to a merger or acquisition transaction can be significant. These costs can include fees for financial advice, legal services, due diligence services, and expenses to arrange debt financing and can greatly impact a company’s financial statement.
- Previous Next