- M&A activity in Central Pennsylvania saw an increase during the first quarter of 2017 with the number of closed transactions going up by 6.7 percent.
- The first quarter of 2017 showed positive performance for the broader U.S. equity market, as the S&P, DJIA and NASDAQ closed up 5.5 percent, 4.6 percent and 9.8 percent, respectively, for the quarter.
- There were 146 transactions that closed in the Philadelphia regional market during the first quarter of 2017, a decline of 0.7 percent from the 147 closed transactions in the prior quarter.
- President Trump released his blueprint for an overhaul to the tax system. The plan calls for major changes to the corporate tax rate and individual tax brackets.
- Specialty food companies, including food products, foodservice and craft beverage companies, are in high demand by private equity investors.