- When a concrete product manufacturer discovered its unclaimed property could be a problem to a potential buyer, it hired Baker Tilly to help reduce its exposure and cast itself in a better light.
- Governor Chris Christie announced plans to end an agreement between New Jersey and Pennsylvania that has been beneficial to taxpayers in both states.
- States are becoming increasingly creative in their attempts to raise their tax base, including implementing aggressive nexus and income apportionment rules for income and franchise tax.
- States are renewing efforts to impose sales tax on internet and other remote sales with sixteen states now have “click through” nexus laws on their books.
- State qui tam laws and the expansion of tobacco taxes to address the growth of electronic cigarettes continue to lead 2015 state and local tax trends.
- Previous Next