- States are becoming increasingly creative in their attempts to raise their tax base, including implementing aggressive nexus and income apportionment rules for income and franchise tax.
- States are renewing efforts to impose sales tax on internet and other remote sales with sixteen states now have “click through” nexus laws on their books.
- State qui tam laws and the expansion of tobacco taxes to address the growth of electronic cigarettes continue to lead 2015 state and local tax trends.
- States are beyond annoyed with a court decision in California regarding Bed Bath & Beyond’s store credit.
- Healthcare companies are using unclaimed property services not only to avoid state audits and penalties, but also to find liabilities or make themselves look more attractive in preparation for consolidations.
- Previous Next