- On April 12, 2018, New York enacted legislation, Budget Bill SB7509-C/A 9509-C (the bill) designed to mitigate some of the negative effects of the federal Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 on New York taxpayers.
- CMS announced it exceeded its 90 percent participation goal for 2017 Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) reporting. Learn more.
- In a recent EDUCAUSE blog post, Michael Hites, Chief Information Officer at Southern Methodist University, shares insights from a collaborative presentation conducted with Mike Cullen of Baker Tilly, on the ways institutions can assist their board professionals to understand the pertinent aspects of cybersecurity programs and collaboratively address cybersecurity risks.
- The PCAOB hopes to complete its planned standards for accounting estimates and the use of specialists by the fourth quarter. The audit regulator’s staff has analyzed the comments submitted in response to the proposed versions of each standard and is working on recommendations for the final amendments.
- The passage of tax reform legislation provides life sciences companies with numerous opportunities for tax savings.
- Previous Next