- The first quarter of 2016 observed mixed financial results for the broader US equity market, as the S&P and DJIA close up 0.8 percent and 1.5 percent, respectively; while the NASDAQ closed down 2.7 percent for the quarter.
- Unemployment in the Pittsburgh region was estimated at 4.6 percent for the third quarter 2015, below the national rate of 5.0 percent.
- The preliminary unemployment rate in the Philadelphia region was estimated at 4.8 percent for February 2016, slightly below the national rate of 5.0 percent.
- The recent wave of provider consolidations has been driven by the need to protect or grow market share and to achieve critical mass.
- The domestic automotive market continued its recovery in 2015 recording 17.8 million unit sales, a 9 percent increase over 2014.
- Previous Next