- After a not-for-profit lost its tax-exempt classification for failing to file returns, Baker Tilly was brought in to prove the IRS was mistaken and should reinstate the organization's tax-exempt status.
- When a concrete product manufacturer discovered its unclaimed property could be a problem to a potential buyer, it hired Baker Tilly to help reduce its exposure and cast itself in a better light.
- TEFRA audit procedures were repealed last year, but were replaced with a more streamlined approach that created uniform rules for auditing partnerships and partners.
- Boyle put the onus on taxpayers to make sure their tax preparers mailed in their returns by the deadline, but with the ubiquity and ease of e-filing, are taxpayers still responsible for making sure their tax preparer hits the send button?
- If the IRS issues an action against you, the Office of Appeals might be the right place to resolve that in an efficient – and less costly – manner.
- Previous Next