- For anyone looking to buy or sell a business, unclaimed property has become de rigueur for M&A due diligence and auditors alike.
- Certain taxpayers should consider changing their method of accounting if they are in a position to take an accelerated deduction under this new safe harbor.
- Recently, President Obama approved legislation that authorizes the State Department to take action against the US passport of a person who has a seriously delinquent tax debt as certified by the IRS.
- Congress passes tax extenders bill—not only retroactively restoring popular tax breaks, but also making some of them permanent.
- The understanding of business-to-business (B2B) exemptions is the key to the benefits for the holders of unclaimed property.
- Previous Next