- President Trump released his blueprint for an overhaul to the tax system. The plan calls for major changes to the corporate tax rate and individual tax brackets.
- The IRS deputized four private collection firms to reach out to taxpayers with unpaid debts to the government.
- The IRS clarifies its position on combining manufactured and purchased goods in the same pool.
- The due date for filing Form 1099-MISC for 2016 with the IRS is changing and, if you don't comply, you could be in for some fairly substantial penalties.
- Baker Tilly’s annual year-end tax letter examines the most pertinent tax issues our clients are facing this year, including regulatory changes, state and local taxation trends, international tax developments and expanding Affordable Care Act compliance requirements.