- Baker Tilly and Collins Barrow international tax specialist discuss the tax benefits available under the Canada-US tax treaty.
- Since the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) issued its Internal Control — Integrated Framework (2013 Framework) in May 2013, many organizations have implemented the new framework to comply with the initial December 15, 2014 transition deadline. The 2013 Framework requires management to assess whether 17 principles are present and functioning, which is a change from the previous framework. Further, the 2013 Framework includes points of focus, which are important characteristics of the 17 principles and assist management with determining whether controls are properly present and functioning.
- We are pleased to have the opportunity to provide feedback to the Financial Accounting Foundation (FAF) with respect to the Private Company Council (PCC). At Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) we have strong support for the PCC and its efforts to date in improving financial reporting for the users of private company financial statements.
- This discussion provides an overview of proposed international and US tax reform aimed at addressing harmful global tax competition and corporate tax inversion.
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) has rolled out the long-awaited update of its accounting and review standards. Statement on Standards for Accounting and Review Services (SSARS) No. 21, Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services: Clarification and Recodification, represents one of the AICPA’s most significant revisions of its nonaudit standards since 1979. Among other things, the guidance creates a bright line between accounting (or preparation) services and reporting (compilation or review) services and lays out distinct requirements for each type of service. This article outlines what the clarified guidance means to those who use CPAs to perform nonaudit services — including reviews, compilations, and financial statement preparations — to report their historical and prospective financial results.
- Previous Next