- Recently, project sponsors have combined New Markets Tax Credits with EB-5 financing in order to strengthen the overall financing structure of the projects. While significant benefits can be achieved, several structuring challenges need to be overcome.
- After many years of discussion, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) issued the long awaited and converged revenue recognition standard on May 28. This standard has the potential to be one of the biggest changes ever in financial reporting because it impacts virtually every financial statement issued in the world.
- The bodies that establish US and international accounting standards have released new guidance on the timing of companies’ revenue recognition. The new guidance from FASB and the IASB have been in development for more than a decade and are intended to enhance comparability of revenue recognition practices across companies, industries, jurisdictions, and capital markets. FASB’s version of the guidance was published in ASU No. 2014-09, Revenue from Contracts with Customers. This article provides an overview of the converged guidance, along with a brief look at the potential impact on certain industries.
- Despite the economic developments in major parts of the country, and modern Chinese people’s increasing appetite on adopting western styles of living, China is still a country with a very special character of its own. Insight in Chinese traditions and habits and careful preparations prior to any important meetings are essential, even for the experienced executive.
- As a trusted business advisor, CPAs are often seen by third parties, lenders, insurers, and realtors as sources of “comfort” with respect to the financial picture of the individuals that the third parties are considering for credit.
- Previous Next