- The Surface Transportation and Veterans Health Care Choice Improvement Act of 2015 (the Act), signed into law July 31, 2015, modified several tax provisions.
- With the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) now in full swing, both US and foreign taxpayers are being asked about their FATCA status. Foreign financial institutions (FFIs) generally have to comply with the withholding, reporting, and due diligence requirements of FATCA if they receive US source income.
- This discussion provides an overview of proposed international and US tax reform aimed at addressing harmful global tax competition and corporate tax inversion.
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) has rolled out the long-awaited update of its accounting and review standards. Statement on Standards for Accounting and Review Services (SSARS) No. 21, Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services: Clarification and Recodification, represents one of the AICPA’s most significant revisions of its nonaudit standards since 1979. Among other things, the guidance creates a bright line between accounting (or preparation) services and reporting (compilation or review) services and lays out distinct requirements for each type of service. This article outlines what the clarified guidance means to those who use CPAs to perform nonaudit services — including reviews, compilations, and financial statement preparations — to report their historical and prospective financial results.
- We welcome the opportunity to provide feedback to the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) in connection with the Enhancing Audit Quality Initiative (EAQI). Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Baker Tilly) is committed to audit quality and believes the delivery of high quality audits not only serves the public trust but enhances the value that we provide to our clients.
- Previous Next