- As part of the JOBS Act, Congress directed the SEC to review the requirements related to Regulation A with an eye towards liberalizing the process and making it easier for emerging growth companies to raise capital.
- The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) issued Accounting Standards Update 2013-12, Definition of a Public Business Entity (ASU 2013-12) in December 2013. This update provides a single definition of public business entity for use in future financial accounting and reporting guidance. Distinctions about which not-for-profit entities (NFPs) would receive financial accounting and reporting alternatives within US GAAP typically have been made on the basis of whether an NFP has public debt securities, including conduit debt.
- Baker Tilly assists manufacturer with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Currently, there is no guidance in US GAAP about management’s responsibilities for evaluating or disclosing going concern uncertainties. There is also no guidance in US GAAP about when and how going concern uncertainties should be disclosed in an entity’s financial statement footnotes.
- Proposed amendments to certain PCAOB auditing standards regarding significant unusual transactions and other proposed amendments to PCAOB auditing standards. On May 7, 2013 the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) reproposed the Proposed Auditing Standard – Related Parties; Proposed Amendments to Certain PCAOB Auditing Standards Regarding Significant Unusual Transactions; and Other Proposed Amendments to PCAOB Auditing Standards.
- Previous Next