- Contractors who can get a project done and get it done right are on owners’ short lists of firms to work with but this delivery methodology that ensures on-time delivery can be at odds with the need to preserve profit and timely billing.
- Learn more about who audits internal audit and how a Quality Assessment Review (QAR) can be a great way for the internal audit department to reflect on current activities and to enhance them.
- Since the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) issued its Internal Control — Integrated Framework (2013 Framework) in May 2013, many organizations have implemented the new framework to comply with the initial December 15, 2014 transition deadline. The 2013 Framework requires management to assess whether 17 principles are present and functioning, which is a change from the previous framework. Further, the 2013 Framework includes points of focus, which are important characteristics of the 17 principles and assist management with determining whether controls are properly present and functioning.
- The heightened complexity of vendor risk management for US banks was evident at a conference sponsored by Marcus Evans in Chicago on June 3-4. Need for resources, maintaining oversight, and how organizations are managing the process internally were all hot topics of conversation.
- In a recent Baker Tilly and ACUA webinar, titled “Adventures in Small Shop Auditing,” Baker Tilly advisors discussed auditing tools, techniques, and case studies tailored to small audit shops that covered topics including enterprise risk management (ERM), information technology (IT), and sponsored research.
- Previous Next