- Cybersecurity is one of the most urgent topics in business today. It seems that every week, there is a new story about a company’s data being breached with millions of customer records, payment card data, or lost trade secrets. The best-prepared companies are shifting their cybersecurity strategies from prevention, to implementing techniques that quickly detect breaches and limit the damage once a breach has been confirmed. What are the effective components of a modern cybersecurity management program? We consider five main components to improve cybersecurity effectiveness.
- A commercial REIT sought to review certain operational and financial policies, procedures and controls. Baker Tilly governance, risk and compliance professionals helped enhance the REIT's operations.
- A REIT was looking for an outsourced internal audit function to assist with SOX compliance. Baker Tilly became the REIT's internal audit partner.
- A Baker Tilly and ACUA webinar discusses how internal audit shops of all sizes can successfully participate in pre-construction planning activities to help mitigate financial, operational, and compliance risk for the institution. We discuss the construction lifecycle and owner’s responsibilities, including those of the owner’s representative, architect, construction manager, and compliance and audit personnel.
- As the complexity of higher education increases, so does the need for institution leadership to foster an effective and intentional approach to gaining assurance over the management of institutional risks.
- Previous Next