- Loans made by the investor were repaid by offsetting them against the investor’s obligations to the company. Baker Tilly expert analysis established that the loans were properly offset and the trustee settled the case.
- Insider threats have long been a concern for banks and other financial institutions and databases. According to a recent news report, Morgan Stanley accused a recently promoted financial analyst of downloading 350,000 records from its wealth management client database and subsequently posting 900 of those records to an internet bulletin board, Pastebin, in exchange for an obscure internet currency.
- Baker Tilly’s financial services specialists examined the increased regulatory scrutiny on evaluation of third party service providers, options available for vendors to provide independent third party assurance reporting, and the tenets of an effective vendor management program including: risk assessment, vendor due diligence, contracting and onboarding, and ongoing monitoring.
- In 2014, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) issued eighteen Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs). There are several major areas expected to be updated in 2015, including leases, disclosure framework, and accounting for financial instruments. To help you review the most recent updates, links are provided to the detailed FASB information for each of the 2014 ASUs.
- In Internal Revenue Bulletin 2014-47, the Internal Revenue Service published Rev. Proc. 2014-59 (loss payment patterns and discount factors) and Rev. Proc. 2014-60 (salvage discount factors) for 2014.
- Previous Next